"Every great beach deserves a great hotel." This was said by Laurance S. Rockefeller, who founded The Mauna Kea Beach Hotel in 1965. He knew the great beach at Kauna`oa also deserved spectacular golf and exceptional dining to accompany the most exclusive and expensive resort of its day. Four decades later, following a $150 million repair and renovation, The Mauna Kea once again stands as a land mark of luxury on the Big Island's golden Kohala Coast.
In the restaurants, exciting new sights, sounds, scents and sensational tastes elevate the experience of dining in our luxury Hawaii hotel. The legendary Mauna Kea Golf Course, up dated to current USGA standards of play, where Rees Jones sets a new benchmark for Big Island golf. Gracious guestrooms, artfully enhanced by John Hara Associates Inc. and Barry Design Associates showcase Mr. Rockefeller's signature "understated elegance" in a graceful fusion of modern features and fabulous style.
Each guestroom has private balconies, luxurious bed linens, L`Occitane bath amenities, built-in entertainment center with large flat screen HD televisions, safe, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, robes and slippers, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and turndown service.
- Built: 1964
- Check-in: 3:00 pm
- Check-out: 12:00 noon
- Rooms: 258
- Floors: 8
- Elevators: 3
- Parking: $15 daily + taxes
- Valet Service: $20 daily + taxes
- Under 21 Allowed to Check-in without parent: Yes
- Minimum Age for Check-in: Age Required 18+ with major credit card
- Family Plan: Children 17 years and under are free when sharing room with parent(s) untilizing existing beds.
- Location: Kohala Coast Area
- Airport Distance: Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is just a short 30 minutes from the Kona International Airport and 40 minutes fromm Kailia-Kona town
- Non-Smoking Rooms: Yes
- Non-Smoking Comment: Available
- ADA Handicap Rooms: Yes
- Handicap Comment: Available
- Miscellaneous Comments: Reciprocal Signing privledges at Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel